Favourite Antarctic moments – part III

sh52
Wednesday 1 April 2015
Astrid: "My favourite moment of the trip was the first landing we did, on Cuverville Island. Taking my first step onto Antarctica and walking among hundreds of penguins felt like a dream! It is a moment I will never forget."
Astrid: “My favourite moment of the trip was the first landing we did, on Cuverville Island. Taking my first step onto Antarctica and walking among hundreds of penguins felt like a dream! It is a moment I will never forget.”
Sonja: “The old whalers wrote about “walking on the backs of whales” as a measure of how numerous whales were back then. It is fantastic to see that some species have bounced back from the brink, and that we’re now happy watching whales (carefully) as they are watching us (curiously). Sharing such extraordinary moments with Antarctic novices and seeing the students’ faces light up in amazement time and again made this trip particularly special, even for a seasoned Antarctic traveller like myself (16 summers).”
Sonja: “The old whalers wrote about “walking on the backs of whales” as a measure of how numerous whales were back then. It is fantastic to see that this is becoming true again for some species which have bounced back from the brink, and that we’re now happy watching whales (carefully) as they are watching us (curiously). Sharing such extraordinary moments with Antarctic novices and seeing the students’ faces light up in amazement time and again made this trip particularly special, even for a seasoned Antarctic traveller like myself (15 summers).”
Izzy: “It was such a beautiful day in Tierra del Fuego National Park which we were able to share with new friends and reminisce about our time together in the Antarctic Peninsula. A perfect end to an extraordinary trip!”

Posted in