Favourite Moments II

sh52
Wednesday 5 April 2017
Haley: “This picture is from the first day when we saw more humpback whales than I ever thought possible – though it was really just like any other day on board the Plancius: too wonderful to describe.”
Naomi: “In Antarctica, you don’t observe penguins, the penguins observe you.”
Jules: “Eye contact with a Southern Giant Petrel… This guy kept me company during my final marine mammal survey of the expedition – he would glide past slowly, close enough that I could look into his eye, then disappear in front of the ship before swooping back around. It’s one of my fondest memories, and I’m so please I can relive that feeling every time I look at this photo.”
Sam: “Behind every shiny, happy penguin, there was a grumpy moulting adult glaring at them with envy in their eyes.”
Sonja: “In a strange twist of roles, we observed Antarctic fur seals actively seeking out the company of Type B killer whales (which are meant to eat seals and penguins). Here, a feisty fur seal surfaces in the midst of a tightly knit group of killer whales, right next to the only calf in the group.”

Posted in

1 thoughts on "Favourite Moments II"

• Steve Smart
    Steve Smart
    Thursday 6 April 2017, 7.44am

Excellent! Great quotes and images!

Reply